PDA

View Full Version : Est. value of a '04 Honda CRF 450R

RONSTER
01-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Someone is looking to trade me this bike... Not sure of the value. Looked on CL,BP,AT can't find enough to get a good feel.......What would you pay for it or is anyone here looking for one. Post on here, send me a PM, whatever.......Thanks Ron

Pro Circuit motor, forks, FMF mega bomb exhaust, Twin-air power flow kit,Boyesen water pump kit and clutch cover, MDK plastics, SDG seat, Excel Takasago rims, Works Connection skid plate,case savers and rear master cylinder gaurds,radiator braces, Devol Engineering master cylinder coolers and resovior cap, IMS gas cap, Sunline alloy shifter,braided steel brake lines Ironman sprocket, Fastway Engineering hand guards,sprocket guard, and axle blocks, wave rotor,Pro-Moto billet rear disc brake guard,Easton Pro-Taper bars Renthal grips spare radiators,seat, pegs, flywheel weight, and a whole lot more.

Alex
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
nice bike Ronster.. Unfortunately dirt bikes are just not moving right now (as well as many other things), I think it's worth $2,500 - $3,000 at most. Unfortunately, after market parts don't add value to the bike. Trust me, I have a '06 with Wiseco high compression piston, ported, Excel rims, Pro Action suspension, etc... and best offer I got was $3,600. I wanted the '09 since it's fuel injected but looks like I'll be keeping my carb '06.. the bike is worth alot more to me!!

* look into the suspension linkages and make sure it starts right up!

Hey, let me know if you get it. I have MANY tracks to ride on :)

RONSTER
01-08-2010, 01:36 PM
nice bike Ronster.. you sure you want to sell it? Unfortunately dirt bikes are just not moving right now (as well as many other things), I think you will get $2,500 - $3,000 at most. You might want to pull all the aftermarket parts off and replace with stock parts since most people will not give you any extra just because of the upgrades. Trust me, I have a '06 with Wiseco high compression piston, ported, Excel rims, etc... and best offer I got was $3,600. I wanted the '09 since it's fuel injected but looks like I'll be keeping my carb '06.
Not mine yet some wants to trade me for something I have....

IMO I would stay away from Fuel Injected MX bikes or ATV's...I own an '07 LTR 450 Fuel Injected and Can't stand it nothing but problems. Battery Dies it won't start at all, some stupid little M F'n wire comes off bike won't run at all till you take everything apart and find said wire...Fuel filter gets a little clogged and slightly slows fuel flow bike won't idle or accelerate properly.... and that's just the last 4 times I took the over priced piece of Suzuki shit out and wasted travel expense and time... My old carbureted Z400 ran perfect every time I took it out......Some times more advanced don't mean better...lol

Alex
01-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Not mine yet some wants to trade me for something I have....

IMO I would stay away from Fuel Injected MX bikes or ATV's...I own an '07 LTR 450 Fuel Injected and Can't stand it nothing but problems. Battery Dies it won't start at all, some stupid little M F'n wire comes off bike won't run at all till you take everything apart and find said wire...Fuel filter gets a little clogged and slightly slows fuel flow bike won't idle or accelerate properly.... and that's just the last 4 times I took the over priced piece of Suzuki shit out and wasted travel expense and time... My old carbureted Z400 ran perfect every time I took it out......Some times more advanced don't mean better...lol

LTR & CRFR are totally different bikes, the new Honda 450R is BADASS! Totally redesigned engine and fuel injected- starts easier and if you go down the bike stays on :) My friends Jason & Reed both have the '09 and I'd get one in a heartbeat if I could sell mine for what I think it's worth. Fuel injection on four strokes is now the way to go in my opinion (and everyone else's who ride dirt with me)

stay away from electric start & batteries if you want to "fly"

Knine
01-08-2010, 07:03 PM
04..No more than $2500.00.

It's worth that ...ONLY if u know the History of the bike!

Rule of thumb:Plan on spending $1400.00 if u don't, to rebuild.

No 04 dirt bike bike is worth $3900.00!/////Unless it's Yamaha..lol

Go Dirt!

vrod
01-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Sounds like a nice bike, BUT unless you want to perform exacting maintenance, I would let this one go by, get a stock bike and add some goodies to it. A stock bike would probably be more reliable for you and less maintenance hassles. This is a good bike but each year they made a number of improvements over the last year’s version.

Reckless01
01-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Whats he wanting to trade for? I mean if its for something worth LESS than like $2500 then you'd be set!

RCDAVE
01-08-2010, 11:11 PM
2,500 that would be about it. As for the dependability of it, it is a honda. The four strokes are deffinantly better then the 2 strokes on maint. Did he whale the piss out of it. Kinda like a litre bike on the road. Not to many guys can beat the hell out of a 450 if they are just racin and riding. Not possitive but I wanna say the 04's had a valve issue? again not sure. They are awsome bikes. and all the new MX bikes are fuel injected. No stutter on heavy hits and take offs. That is a nice bike and he does have a ton of money in it. The pipe is worth 5 or 6 hun with silencer

Lookin at the bark busters he may just have it set up for hare scrambles and such. if so easier on the bike

RONSTER
01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Whats he wanting to trade for? I mean if its for something worth LESS than like $2500 then you'd be set! I was just wanting an Unbiased value thats why I left that info out.. It looks like $2500 to $3000 so I am going to pass on it. What I M getting rid of is between $3000 to $3500 altough the Dirt Bike might be easier to unload.....Ohh well....

Can we just go back in time 2-3 years when I could buy what I wanted and it didn't depend on what I sold something else for...I mean really that's all I'm askin :bawling::bawling::bawling:

OHHH Well I digress.....

Knine
01-09-2010, 12:21 AM
2,500 that would be about it. As for the dependability of it, it is a honda. The four strokes are deffinantly better then the 2 strokes on maint. Did he whale the piss out of it. Kinda like a litre bike on the road. Not to many guys can beat the hell out of a 450 if they are just racin and riding. Not possitive but I wanna say the 04's had a valve issue? again not sure. They are awsome bikes. and all the new MX bikes are fuel injected. No stutter on heavy hits and take offs. That is a nice bike and he does have a ton of money in it. The pipe is worth 5 or 6 hun with silencer

Lookin at the bark busters he may just have it set up for hare scrambles and such. if so easier on the bike

U right//they did have valve issues & their chain tensioner.

Fly wheel wt.= hare scrambles

RCDAVE
01-09-2010, 12:55 AM
watz up K ?

Knine
01-09-2010, 02:36 AM
watz up K ?

Waiting for U ... to GO Dirt:D

seatec
01-09-2010, 07:56 AM
I had the first model year crf450r and loved that bike. used i for HS. changes sprockets and threw some flywheel weights on. had the valves checked after a few hours and all was good. only a few crf had valve issues. Cant beat honda in the dirtbike department.