PDA

View Full Version : Florida MX series

1000ccrider
01-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Stay away!!! The owner Dean Dyess is probably the WORST at being able to run something! This is the second year in a row he has postponed the year end banquet because he can't manage his money! What an idiot! The banquet started out with a November 2007 date, moved to December, so on and so on, now its in February right before the new season race start up!
If you want to run a series go to Dade City, Randy is not that easy to get along with but he runs a well organized event, and his banquets are top notch and scheduled months in advance!

Knine
01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Dean Dyess...Owns What? A Track! or Is He a Promoter?

1000ccrider
02-20-2009, 09:25 PM
He runs the Florida Motocross series and is part owner in one or more tracks, He just spent a ton of money (that was suppose to be spent on the year end awards banquet) opening up Thundercross track in okechobbee. Needless to say all the hard work the kids put in last year, not only should the banquet have been at the end of the season last year, it was at the beginning of this season (the day before this years first race) and it was held at the track, no banquet hall, cheesy placques instead of trophies. At the end of the season last year they gave us (top 3 in each class) forms to fill out with your bike info, riding gear sizes etc. for the banquet. (usually the top 3 get new gear etc) There was NOTHING!!!! a cheesy placque and some coolant etc. Plus if youve ever been to one of those events its very un-organized, if your kid is doing real good other parents will complain and get him moved etc. We did it last year to try something different other than just racing the local tracks and boy what a dissappointment, not to mention its all over florida at different tracks and it was also when gas was over $3 per gallon.

ShortyR6
02-20-2009, 09:43 PM
dade city did not have their shit together for the first MX race this year. the second half of the races did not even start until 11pm with the pee wees. they opted not to even groom the track between the first half (20 motos) and the second half. all the pee wees were stuck in fucking ruts all the second race..... i was pissed as were the rest of the parents of the pee wees. its a shame there is not an alternative to dade city local to tampa.

1000ccrider
02-20-2009, 10:22 PM
I agree! Theres always something wrong somewhere, when I was younger and racing it was different, if you won 3 races in a row you were moved up to the next level, PERIOD. It wasn't decided by parents pissed that your kid is beating their kid, that shit happens way too much. My son when he was in the 65cc class NEVER even won a single race but he was moved up from the beginner class to the advanced because he was top 5 in the points. The only reason he was top 5 in the points was because he didnt miss any races. Overall it made him a better rider but the kids need to have some first places to boost their spirits, but the tracks are by NO MEANS fair.

Knine
02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
dade city did not have their shit together for the first MX race this year. the second half of the races did not even start until 11pm with the pee wees. they opted not to even groom the track between the first half (20 motos) and the second half. all the pee wees were stuck in fucking ruts all the second race..... i was pissed as were the rest of the parents of the pee wees. its a shame there is not an alternative to dade city local to tampa.

www.bartowmotocross.com

www.sunshinemotocross.com

1000ccrider
02-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Bartow and sunshine are not too bad, haven't raced bartow, only practiced, sunshine is getting better from what I hear. If you really want an AWESOME riding time, take a trip to Durhamtown plantation in Georgia, but just a warning, Wherever you ride now will absolutely suck when you get back. It was the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels.

1000ccrider
02-20-2009, 11:04 PM
As far as the best track and organized events in the area would have to be reddick. Mrs. Blackburn runs a really tight ship, that place is by far the best run facility I have been to in Florida.

Knine
02-20-2009, 11:07 PM
So, 1000...What do u ride & How often do u ride Dirt?

Knine
02-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Bartow and sunshine are not too bad, haven't raced bartow, only practiced, sunshine is getting better from what I hear. If you really want an AWESOME riding time, take a trip to Durhamtown plantation in Georgia, but just a warning, Wherever you ride now will absolutely suck when you get back. It was the most fun I've ever had on 2 wheels.

To far....for me!:sad11:

1000ccrider
02-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I did ride an 07 YZ450F and raced in the plus 35 c class, BUT we had a rough year last year and the dirtbikes went bye bye. Things are looking up and getting back on track and hopefully will be back into it this year, as of right now I'm just riding my 1KRR. I will at least get the boys back into it, they are both on 250F's.

Knine
02-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I did ride an 07 YZ450F and raced in the plus 35 c class, BUT we had a rough year last year and the dirtbikes went bye bye. Things are looking up and getting back on track and hopefully will be back into it this year, as of right now I'm just riding my 1KRR. I will at least get the boys back into it, they are both on 250F's.

Sorrry to hear about the "Rough" year & the "Bye Bye" part!

There are Plenty of Bikes out there, hopefully yourself will be bac on The Track soon...