PDA

View Full Version : Best bike alarm??

repsol12
07-03-2008, 08:00 PM
As with everything else, this is a highly opinionated question, but what is the best alarm I can get for my bike? I had/have a scorpio i600 on my 05 cbr600rr and thought is was pretty good. a little annoying with the sensitivity set so high but it was never stolen. Im thinking about the new scorpio i900, gorrilla or a cyclone. any help would be great.

HeWhoIs
07-03-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't have one myself, but if I were to have an alarm I would get Phantom Tracking.

http://www.phantomtracking.com

I think Pure Acceleration can get them?

PUREACCELERATION
07-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't have one myself, but if I were to have an alarm I would get Phantom Tracking.

http://www.phantomtracking.com

I think Pure Acceleration can get them?

Yes we can.

They are higher on the price scale but for the features it has it is WELL worth the cost.

RICO
07-03-2008, 10:48 PM
What ever you do, also get a disc lock or a chain or something like that. The visual effect will help.

Sytrept
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Check out Scorpio alarms too. I have one

suicide king
07-03-2008, 11:29 PM
I use a big ass chain plus lock and Jody sold me his Gorilla alarm. I also think a Glock helps out too. :dontknow: doesn't hurt. :occasion1

repsol12
07-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I have a .45 but that wont do much good unless I see the bike getting jacked. lol

hytekchaos
07-04-2008, 12:59 AM
yea im kinna prone on my XD-9 , but chriscbr says... doesnt do much good if u dont see it happen

repsol12
07-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Those phantom tracking alarms are pretty bad ass after reading about them but yeah...the price is definitely up there. $800 MSRP then $14 a month to get the monitoring. I guess you cant put a price on security though. How much are you sellin them for at Pure Acceleration?

WasntMe
07-04-2008, 02:38 AM
Not to take a sale away from PA but you should know that tracking alarms are only good if you know the bike has been stolen. A huge problem with motorcycles is they are very easy to take apart and very hard to hide something. So if your bike is taken and dismantled before you know it is gone the chances of you recovering it via the tracking are slim to none.

Also this topic has been covered heavily. If you do a search you will find a thread or two that has a lot of information.

Sytrept
07-04-2008, 04:09 AM
I like the perimeter sensor... keeps theifs from taking my bolt on afketmartket parts from my bike.

HeWhoIs
07-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Not to take a sale away from PA but you should know that tracking alarms are only good if you know the bike has been stolen. A huge problem with motorcycles is they are very easy to take apart and very hard to hide something. So if your bike is taken and dismantled before you know it is gone the chances of you recovering it via the tracking are slim to none.

True for Lo-Jack. However, Phantom Tracking isn;t just a tracking service, it is also an alarm. From Phantom Tracking's website:

"Our highly trained operators are standing by 24 hours a day to constantly monitor, report, and recover potential crash detections and theft violations of your motorcycle instantly anywhere in the United States, Canada and Mexico."

and

"If someone attempts to move the motorcycle in any direction, either up or down, or left or right the 3D chipset will detect the movement and immediately send an alarm signal. Once the unit is in alarm mode, it will send a signal simultaneously to your built-in pager inside your key fob remote and the monitoring center. Once the monitoring center receives the signal, one of our highly trained operators will contact you (cell phone, pager, etc.) and ask you to verify your motorcycle had a false alarm or was stolen. If the motorcycle was stolen, the operator will then contact local law enforcement in the area the theft took place and give them the exact location, direction, and speed of your motorcycle so it can be quickly recovered."

moke
07-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Low Jack has a new system they are using now. Its a key faub that as soon as the bike is moved it alerts you by email, phone, or text. But then its your job to get it
called in they have many customers that have gotten their bikes back in less than 20 min. Although I perfer state farms alarm,...(full coverage insurance).

stevewfl
07-04-2008, 10:02 AM
state farm has worked well as my alarm, they've replaced two bikes so far. on the ZX9, they even saw me halfway on my mods receipts

PUREACCELERATION
07-04-2008, 10:52 AM

Also this topic has been covered heavily. If you do a search you will find a thread or two that has a lot of information.
I agree with that for most systems I know a few people who only ever recovered the Low-Jack box from their bike on the ide of the road
BUT
As He-Who-Is stated the Phantom is "real time".

once armed as soon as the bike is moved you get a phone call if you don't answer Law enforcement is notified and informed of where the bike is. Phantom does the tracking unlike Low-Jack where you have to get a LEO with the Low-Jack tracker in it.

I like to say it is like and alarm and On-Stor all in one. it even has crash detection which is in valuable if you do a lot of riding by yourself like I do.

I will look in to the best price I can get the system for but it will be less then the $800 MSRP for sure.

WasntMe
07-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I like the perimeter sensor... keeps theifs from taking my bolt on afketmartket parts from my bike.

Nothing keep thieves from taking stuff...especially not a perimeter sensor. If you move slow enough you can not set it off.

Real time is very nice and much better then relying on the cops to track it.

yamaha2r1
07-04-2008, 10:47 PM
PA

I too would be interested in finding out how much it is. PM me a price or post it installed of course..

Nick

Sytrept
07-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Nothing keep thieves from taking stuff...especially not a perimeter sensor. If you move slow enough you can not set it off.

Real time is very nice and much better then relying on the cops to track it.

rofl... ive got to seesomeone attempt that...
watching somebody slowly steal parts off my bike. :(

it is better than nothing though.

That phantom tracking sounds like the best deal, or insurance.

HeWhoIs
07-05-2008, 05:13 PM
rofl... ive got to seesomeone attempt that...
watching somebody slowly steal parts off my bike. :(

LOL, I see a new way to pass the time at PA or TSB bike night, lol. A whole new meaning to the term Slow Race.

WasntMe
07-05-2008, 06:25 PM
They do not have to slowly steal parts off. Just approach slowly and disconnect the battery. I have done it on many occassions to demonstrate how a proximity sensor is not an end all. Matter of fact they are a very poor sensor due to they are not even close to being consistent. Those sensor were a gimic back in the late 80's for talking alarms. It did not take long for people to stop using them.

Point being is there is NO alarm on the market that will stop anyone from doing anything to your bike including taking parts of it or stealing it. People hardly even take notice of a sounding alarm anymore let alone say something to the person who proably set the alarm off.

For true security get insurance.

repsol12
07-05-2008, 09:01 PM
thanks alot everyone. I appreciate all the input. Please post the cost you can find about the phantom. thanks again everyone.

GsxrKevin
07-06-2008, 06:39 PM
I like my Scorpio. It has mant features and the proximity warning is enough to keep the drunks away from you bike. My XD-9mm 3" also works well :sinister: