PDA

View Full Version : Replacement helmet parts

DeltaNu1142
01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm confused... really confused. I lost a side plate, or pivot cover, for my helmet. I looked around on the internet to find the part, made some calls, & got no response. Then I found this site (http://www.thecrumb.com/wiki/Nolan_N102_Maintenance) and called the number for CIMA International. Here's how the conversation went:

CIMA: "CIMA International, how can I help you?"
Me: "Yes, I'm looking for a pivot cover for my helmet."
CIMA: "What's the model?"
Me: "Nolan N102."
CIMA: "What color?"
Me: "Oh... well, it's an Outlaw, so it's..."
CIMA: "Black or Flat Black?"
Me: "Flat Black."
CIMA: "Which side is it, if the helmet is sitting on your head?"
Me: "Right side."
CIMA: "What's your name, address, and phone number just in case?"
Me: "Josh B** ... **** ... ****."
CIMA: "OK, it should be in the mail today! Thank you for calling CIMA International!"

She hung up before I knew what was going on. I didn't pay for anything...? I got this number from the internet, I don't know what the hell the deal is, but it sounds like they're giving away replacement helmet parts...??? I just want to know if I'm actually going to get this thing so I know if I have to order one elsewhere. Anyone else want to try?

DeltaNu1142
01-20-2008, 07:57 AM
OK, I'm willing to admit this post was a little odd. But I got my replacement pivot cover in the mail yesterday! If anyone's needing helmet parts this might be worth a try.

miked636
01-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Rock on bro so it all worked out? What other replacement parts do they have and what brands? I have always gone to cyclegear to get my parts and never paid for them....

Papa Jon
01-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Have you tried going to the place that you bought the helmet from?

DeltaNu1142
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Rock on bro so it all worked out? What other replacement parts do they have and what brands? I have always gone to cyclegear to get my parts and never paid for them....
Yeah, it did--that's the thing, though, the name of this place "CIMA International," I have no idea what they do or what the have. I originally got the helmet at CG. They're not that close to my place & that's why I didn't go there, but I tried other places & they were going to have to order.

ajusf16
01-22-2008, 03:14 PM
thats kinda random but glad it worked out for you!

Tribal636
01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Yea... So do they have all the peices to make up a full helmet?? hint, hint.