PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Alarms

Ant2537
12-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Does anyone here have an alarm for their bike?? I have been looking into getting one, but not sure which one to get. Any help would be appreciated! :occasion1

Jlea
12-11-2007, 11:02 AM
this would be a question for bigguy02

Nimoway
12-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Scorpio is a phenomenal alarm and if you are going to do that much, go ahead and toss a lo-jack on that thing too!

Ant2537
12-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Anyone ever heard of or tried a Gorilla Alarm??

alabaster
12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Yes. They make very good alarms. I had one with the pager system. It was a breeze to install, and it saved my bike at least once from being stolen.

Ant2537
12-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Had?? What happened to it?

pyroman1
12-11-2007, 11:24 AM
I have a Scorpio.

BUSAFAN
12-11-2007, 11:42 AM
i have the gorilla alarm 100.00, best 100 buck's i ever spent! it's not fancy
like the otherones but it done it's job! call one our site sponser's! they'll put ya on the right path!!! good luck.

BUSAFAN
12-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Anyone ever heard of or tried a Gorilla Alarm??
:biker:

Ant2537
12-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Does it make a sound when u arm it? And how loud/sensitive is it?

BUSAFAN
12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Does it make a sound when u arm it? And how loud/sensitive is it?
yep on the sound, you set the senstivity to your liking! call PUREACCELERATION, he has them in stock if ya want 1, 741-1505:biker:

bigguy
12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
http://www.phantomtracking.com/Store/tmpl/full9776.html?body=products i like this one, but you have have a dealr install it. but it looks really cool

pyroman1
12-11-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.phantomtracking.com/Store/tmpl/full9776.html?body=products i like this one, but you have have a dealr install it. but it looks really cool
Until THE MAN starts tracking your every move. :D

Actually that does look cool. I think you've posted it before.

griffinzx10
12-11-2007, 12:38 PM
The phantom is a really cool system

here is the link to what Ryan posted way back when...

http://tampasportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2612&highlight=phantom

Ant2537
12-11-2007, 12:44 PM
A little outta my price range lol.. Im still a full time student

griffinzx10
12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
a quick google search yeilded this
http://piratesk12site.net/Gorilla.htm

and these are the other google hits
http://www.google.com/search?q=wiring+diagram+for+gorilla+alarms&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

I am putting this up b/c if I can find the info that quick, then a theif can find the same info about disabling the wiring and get your bike..

I personally dont own an alarm on my bike, no one even cares anymore when a car alarm is going off. I have full coverage on my bike in case it gets stolen, and I never leave it where I cannot see it....

Ant2537
12-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Good point, but im getting the two-way system so I can hopefully make it to my bike by the time they start messin around with it :)

griffinzx10
12-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Good point, but im getting the two-way system so I can hopefully make it to my bike by the time they start messin around with it :)

Find out how sensitive the proximity sensor it, that helps. Does it sense big moves? or if anyone gets close to it period...

Find out and as you are doing, ask around to people who have it...

BUSAFAN
12-11-2007, 01:10 PM

http://www.google.com/search?q=wiring+diagram+for+gorilla+alarms&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

I am putting this up b/c if I can find the info that quick, then a theif can find the same info about disabling the wiring and get your bike..

I personally dont own an alarm on my bike, no one even cares anymore when a car alarm is going off. I have full coverage on my bike in case it gets stolen, and I never leave it where I cannot see it....
say what you will, but that there gorilla saved the busa from certain molestation! lol

pyroman1
12-11-2007, 01:25 PM
If the proximity sensor is anything like the one in the Scorpio it can be tuned to a pretty far range. I turned mine down big time as the factory setting had it go off if anyone was within 20ft of my bike. It even went off when my storm door was opened. I dropped it to about 1-2 ft around the seat of the bike.

griffinzx10
12-11-2007, 01:28 PM
say what you will, but that there gorilla saved the busa from certain molestation! lol

LOL, well that is a good thing, never said anything negative about the alarm, just pointing out some things to think about.

pyroman1
12-11-2007, 01:31 PM

That's the nice thing about the proximity, they are setting off the alarm while they remove the seat to get to the wires.

Stealing is often a crime of opportunity, especially bikes. Why steal the one that will give me a headache when another is easier to get to? Now, that doesn't apply if they want a particular type of bike. For example, if someone wants to steal an Erion Racing edition or Repsol bike they might not move on as there are less around to choose from. However, if they want a regular CBR600RR there are plenty to choose from, why go through the hassle of one with an alarm.

griffinzx10
12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
excellent point

BUSAFAN
12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
LOL, well that is a good thing, never said anything negative about the alarm, just pointing out some things to think about.
yeah i know! im just proud of that thing!! lol

griffinzx10
12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
yeah i know! im just proud of that thing!! lol

worth every penny.. dat is a good thing

Ant2537
12-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Very true.. Gorilla 7017 on its way

UIN2IT
12-12-2007, 02:12 AM
You got me thinking now....

So what's better....the Scorpio-TRS6 or the Gorilla 7017!?
I like that the Scorpio has wiring harnesses so I do not have to splice into my existing wires.
Found the Scorpio System for $248.
Gorilla for $135

Anyone find it cheaper somewhere else? If so let me know!

pyroman1
12-12-2007, 11:56 AM
You got me thinking now....

So what's better....the Scorpio-TRS6 or the Gorilla 7017!?
I like that the Scorpio has wiring harnesses so I do not have to splice into my existing wires.
Found the Scorpio System for $248.
Gorilla for $135

Anyone find it cheaper somewhere else? If so let me know!
Do you have an aftermarket undertail or any intentions of getting one?

UIN2IT
12-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Do you have an aftermarket undertail or any intentions of getting one?

Just have teh stock one for now....why do you ask?

pyroman1
12-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Just have teh stock one for now....why do you ask?
Because you will often have to cut the wiring harness for an aftermarket undertail, so the splicing issue becomes a moot point.

alabaster
12-13-2007, 02:17 PM
"Had" as in on a different bike. Wasn't stolen. I agree on the part about people not caring, that's why you get a pager system, it's for you to know if someone is ****ing with it or not. Who cares if your neighbors know. Even if they did they don't have the sack to stop someone from taking your shit.

I never had to cut into the harness either. It was adjustable and all too, so mine was set to be so sensitive it would go off when you sneezed near it.

Ant2537
12-14-2007, 09:27 PM
So I got my alarm system in the mail today.. It is awesome. Install was seriously a breeze (about a half hour) and it works like a charm. The alarm is very loud and the controller works from a good distance. Best of all, I can set the sensitivty so that if someone even puts a finger on my bike, it chirps at them... Overall, very good bang for the buck. Definitely recommend for anyone who is looking into getting an alarm. Not quite as many functions as the Scorpio, (i.e. Perimeter Sensor and bike specific wiring harness) but is half the price! Oh and by the way, the gorilla requires absolutley no wire splicing, just hook up two wires to + and - battery terminals and your good to go! :biker: The 7017 includes the two-way system so I can see whatever is happening to my bike from 1/2 a mile away.

alabaster
12-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Wurd.

UIN2IT
12-15-2007, 03:03 PM
So I got my alarm system in the mail today.. It is awesome. Install was seriously a breeze (about a half hour) and it works like a charm. The alarm is very loud and the controller works from a good distance. Best of all, I can set the sensitivty so that if someone even puts a finger on my bike, it chirps at them... Overall, very good bang for the buck. Definitely recommend for anyone who is looking into getting an alarm. Not quite as many functions as the Scorpio, (i.e. Perimeter Sensor and bike specific wiring harness) but is half the price! Oh and by the way, the gorilla requires absolutley no wire splicing, just hook up two wires to + and - battery terminals and your good to go! :biker: The 7017 includes the two-way system so I can see whatever is happening to my bike from 1/2 a mile away.

I am very interested in this Alarm!

1. How well does the Tilt function work!?
2. How far away can you be and stilll Activate the alarm?
3. Where is teh cheapest place to buy

Thanks

Ant2537
12-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Tilt function works awesome... Anything more than 30 degrees sets it off, but I have my impact sensor set so sensitive that if someone even touvhes my windshield, it will chirp at them.

Havent tried the remote from too far except walking all the way down my sisters street and could still arm and disarm it.

The best place to find it is online... I got it as a gift, but I believe they paid 149.99 for it.. Make sure you get the Gorilla 7017 (this model comes with the two-way system, and an extra basic control just in case)

If you wanna c how it works sometime this week before u purchase it, just let me know...

Ant2537
12-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GORILLA-ULTRA-COMPACT-MOTORCYCLE-ALARM-PAGER-NEW-7017_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35594QQihZ024QQite mZ370004403743QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW