PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Tank Bags

BMBSHL
05-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Got a magnetic tank bag for my birthday. Just got to use it for the first time today and I thought to myself, "I wonder if the magnets will affect my credit cards?"

Anyone have any knowledge on the subject?? I know I've seen many of you with these tankbags.

jimmysal
05-17-2007, 10:48 PM
it should be a problem unless they rub up real close to the credit cards then they will destroy the strip

Cobra Kai
05-17-2007, 10:50 PM
I get that feeling too everytime I put my wallet near a tankbag, Those magnets are strong. Good Luck.

Murphy_DX
05-18-2007, 12:22 AM
coming from someone that had actually tried it.....

the magnets are powerful enough to do that....but they are powerful enough to mess with a key fobber or floppy disk....the new magnetic strips for credit cards are not as crummy as the old floppies are.....it now has a better resistance to magnets...

Mel
05-18-2007, 12:28 AM
I've had my wallet sitting on the magnet all night by mistake. I thought the same thing. That was 2 months ago. My card is still strong like ox.

Yeah no probs here.

HeWhoIs
05-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Been using Magnetic Tank bags for years with no creditcard problems.

Just be sure you check out the bottom of the bag before you put it on the tank. Sometimes those magnets will pick up the darndest things and then scratch your paint.

Knine
05-18-2007, 02:53 AM
Those Magnets..Will have a Positive effect on Arthritis.......Though!!!:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: ..:D

moke
05-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Got a magnetic tank bag for my birthday. Just got to use it for the first time today and I thought to myself, "I wonder if the magnets will affect my credit cards?"

Anyone have any knowledge on the subject?? I know I've seen many of you with these tankbags.

IV USED TANK BAGS FOR YEARS BUT ALWAYS KEPT MY WALLET IN POCKET?
BUT I DOUBT THAT IT WILL HAVE ANY EFFECT ON THEM.

khafra
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Ditto on the darndest things--I have some iron filing scratches in my tank paint because of my tank bag :(

Still better than the alternatives, though.

SM171
05-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Anyone have any knowledge on the subject??

Do you still ride? :reporter::duck:

Just kidding.

BMBSHL
05-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Do you still ride? :reporter::duck:

Just kidding.

hahahahhah some do wonder!

Thanks for the info. I won't sweat it.

RICO
05-18-2007, 08:28 PM
No problems ever. Nice to see your still out there. Now that you are closer let me know when your going riding.